Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fancy dinners aren't for wimps!




Yesterday I had planned a fun fancy dinner for the family. I made a meal completely from scratch and even dressed up a bit! I wanted it to feel fun and exciting. The children even got to drink out fancy cups like mommy and daddy. Only one problem. Daddy didn't show up!

He is usually home by 5ish. He informed he was working until about 5:30 and would be home around 6. No problem! That gives me more time to get things set up and looking really good. Well, 6 o'clock rolls around and no daddy. 6:10, 6:15, 6:45. Still no daddy.

7:10! He decided to work some more and, of course, his phones at work aren't working, so he couldn't call me. Of course, I couldn't make the children wait that long to eat. By the time he got home the food and table were all cleared. So much for a fancy dinner, huh?

Such is life in a Hullabaloo Home!

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...

Bless your heart...at least the kids got to enjoy it!! And, hubby got leftovers!! Maybe next time you'll have to let him in on the secret!!! How precious of you to think to do that, though!!!