Friday, March 6, 2009

Frugal Fun

With all the changes in the economy, I thought I would post an idea that's both frugal and fun. Spring Break is approaching. I don't know about you, but I am always looking for something fun to keep boredom at bay.


I found this great game idea and decided to make it for my guys. They haven't put it down since! (Mommy just loves that)

The game is called "I Spy"

I used an empty water bottle and put 26 random items inside (beads, paperclip, safety pin, foamies, jewels, etc.). I then filled it up with bird seed and shook it up a bit. All of the items were then "lost" inside. (make sure you super glue the lid shut, Trust me!) :-)

The goal is to see who can find an item the fastest. This is great for indoor/outdoor play, or for long road trips (or short ones).

I hope you get a chance to make one of these. There are several ways you could play. Be creative, and fun!!!
(sorry for the horrible photo)

No comments: