Friday, August 1, 2008

My 1st Mistreatment

I am just so proud of myself.

I have been ogling over so many different bed canopies for awhile now, but haven't been able to bring myself to spend the {crazy} amount!

I purchased these two panels of muslin from a yard sale last summer for $6. I have been trying to get hubby to get a rod hung up, but that hasn't happened-the spot is not easy for housing a rod. {Little did I know about mistreatment's then}.

Just a couple of days ago the light bulb erupted! I took those two panels out of my stash and ran upstairs to the bedroom. I knew I was going to do it-make this canopy thing-somehow. I wanted it to be beautiful. Not perfect, just beautiful-to me. :)



The last time we had a canopy was one of those annoying round ones from Pier 1. It drove me nuts, and my hubby didn't care for it too much either {too girly}. This one he is not bothered by so much. {not too girly} and it doesn't cover the whole bed {his favorite part}.

All I did was grab some tacks {could not find my upholstery tacks} and stick it up there. I will eventually change the tacks once the others fall out {gotta love being a lazy perfectionist} lol.


I stumbled upon another blog a few days ago {just 1 day after my 'mistreatment'} and her blog is dedicated to this stuff! How awesome is that!! And she is too cute and funny!!! And she is just like me!!!! {I get more excited with each revelation}

So, if you are in need of sprucing up your home check out Nesting Place. She has so many great ideas and tutorials to walk you through. I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

1 comment:

The Nester said...

AS, I think you did a fantastic job and you should be proud of yourself! I love seeing all these different ideas! I have a four poster bed with rails and this is putting me in the mood to mistreat it again!

beautiful blog!